Monday 30 December 2013

My experience in Vietnam!

Both of my parents were born and raised in Vietnam. I was born in Canada but my family still celebrates and explores the Vietnamese culture every day. I have been to Vietnam two times, once when I was 4 and once again when I was 12. I don't remember much from my first trip because I was only 4, but my second trip was a lot more memorable! I loved spending time over in Vietnam. Most of my family is over there, and since my dad is the 11th child I have lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. It is extremely hot in Vietnam, I remember when I first got out of the Vietnam airport, and I couldn't breathe because it was so humid. We had landed in Ho Chi Minh City and a few of my family members had come out to pick us up. We had to drive back to my parent’s home town which is Nha Trang. When I was in Vietnam I would always be at the beach with all of my cousins because we lived really close to the beach and it was a really good way of bonding. Aside from the beach we also went to many tourist sites and amusement parks. We would always eat at home because my aunt loved to cook for us. I am really grateful that I got to visit Vietnam a second time because I have made so many more memories with all my family members that I wouldn't trade for anything. A few of my family members are a lot older and it was really nice to see them and have actual memories with them if they ever pass away before I could come back, for example my aunt that had cooked for us almost every day when we were there and the one aunt that I spent a lot of time with, recently passed away on the 26th of December. I am extremely grateful that I got to spend and bond with her before this had happen because I now have so many amazing and happy memories with her. Vietnam holds a very special place in my heart and its one of those things that I will always love so dearly. It contains all of the adventures, laughs, and happiness that I had there. It will always bring a smile to my face no matter what.

This is the Vietnam flag!


No comments:

Post a Comment